Monday, October 15, 2007

Dinner at TCC, Novena with LJ and MH

For my friends from 19/92, MH is also an alumni from AJC from class 27/92. LJ and MH were fellow mates in the Chinese LDDS then. They were also classmates of NUS subsequently. I did not know MH very well in AJC then but as fate would have it, we were posted to the same unit after SISPEC during national service. We had a lot of fun together with our fellow sergeants for the (close to) two years in Sembawang.

Let's take a look at the food we had today. MH and I both had the Seafood Aglio Olio ($16.50). LJ had the chicken pasta (forgot the price haha). Compared with the agglio olio in Borders Bistro, I would say Borders Bistro serves the tastier and heartier version.

We chatted quite a bit today. We met around 7.30pm and left Novena square a little after 10pm. Besides the typical TCSS, we also talk about our time in AJC and undergraduate days and I realised the two of them had a more active social life than I had. Darn, should have gone to NUS instead!

We also talked about our love for chinese but somehow all three of us did miserably for our Higher Chinese. But the poor results did not deter MH from taking up a career in jounalism (you might have seen him on TV few years back) and later teaching chinese to a younger generation.

Seafood Aglio Olio

Chicken pasta

After the meal, we adjourned to Spinelli for coffee and dessert

LJ and MH

LJ and me

MH and me (can see evidently that I have grown another chin). Actually, there is a technique to being photographed -- you need to lean forward which I forgot to.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Man, you are efficient

GB said...

You are 皇兄?

JoyfulJazzyMummy said...

Yah lah. HE is 皇兄. This name is also so stylo, right? =P

I agree with him. GB, you have proved to us, once again, your efficiency and time-management. Haha....